Well have done a healthy amount blogging and development , but it’s thesis time now!
Although i was very much interested in working Android and Big Data, my supervisor comes with a fantastic idea about ” Self Destructive Data “ and as my love for mobile development forced/pushed me to mapped it with Current Mobile World (esp Android) it seems like a fantastic topic.
Data in any form has always been a vital source of information, with the passage of time and infinite increase in storage spaces with low cost hardware storage devices and esp with cloud, we have the luxury to store data any where, and it really never bother us who is WATCHING our data as we are highly dependent upon services providers (Google Mail, Outlook , iCloud, Dropbox, MediaFire and many online storage providers) to ensure the data privacy, security issues.
This is where we are ditched at greatest level as the risk of saving data over the internet , storage gadgets , cloud etc … we can never trust the security of any application , as being a technical guy myself , and after the recent Breaking news ,
The Heartbleed Bug is a serious vulnerability in the popular OpenSSL cryptgraphic software library. This weakness allows stealing the information protected, under onormal conditions, by the SSL/TLS encryption used to secure the Internet. SSL/TLS provides communication security and privacy over the Internet for applications such as web, email, instant messaging (IM) and some virtual private networks (VPNs).
Wow , my new status Nothing is Safe 🙂 , well it might be a bit over excited statement, But But But … yes there is always a room for improvement as nothing is perfect in this world, even we as human…
So with this believe and determinism that we can improve and without re-inventing the wheel again, i started my research on ” Self Destructing Data” … sounds like a Harry Porter with some Magic Wand … Interesting isn’t it. Hence the showtime starts now…
Week – 01
I am starting my research work with some understanding about the similar implementation and its counter
- Vanish: Increasing Data Privacy with Self-Destructing Data
- Defeating Vanish with Low-Cost Sybil Attacks Against Large DHT
Sub topics i covered
- Shamir Secret Sharing Framework
- Bittorrent Client P2P Communication
- Android Security Mechanism
- Practical Privacy-Preserving Location-Sharing Based Services
Conclusion Week #01
Hello, I am Anwaar, Working on this thesis research work under the supervision of security expert Dr Sufian Hameed, some bits about myself,
- Evangelist Developer Matrix Systems Pakistan
- Star Engineer Award (2014) Matrix Systems.
- Hybrid Web and Mobile Developer
- Lead Developer for the web application ( IBA Transformational Leadership Program 360 CEE ) Solo Effort ..
- Lead Developer and Architect , desktop and web application ( Higher Education , Board of Secondary Education Karachi – Examination System , Reports, Result etc ) My Teacher and Me were the only developers ..
- Visiting Faculty University of Karachi… etc etc ( rest hidden For sake of Privacy Concerns ) 🙂